Due to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, most exams and assessments did not take place in the 2019/20, or 2020/21 academic years. The government also announced that it would not publish school or college level results data on Compare school and college performance (also commonly referred to as school and college performance tables) in autumn 2020 or autumn 2021, and that this data would not be used to hold schools and colleges to account.
The GCSE results days provided a chance for lots of positive reflection after a challenging academic year at The Roundhill Academy.
Our students have secured very strong results, which demonstrate a significant year on year improvement but also reflect the adapted methodology for grades being awarded.
The fact is that our students secured the results they deserved. The results open up opportunities for students to make choices about what they are going to do next.
In excess of 100 students from both of the secondary schools have opted to continue their studies at Bradgate Sixth Form (B6) next year. These students have selected to follow a school based academic route based in the B6 buildings at the Wreake Valley Academy site.
Part of the reason they chose this route is the success and growth of B6. This year 27% of the B6 cohort enrolled at the best universities from right across the country (The Russell Group Universities). This is an increase from 10% in 2020 and 4% in 2019.
There are lots of highlights from our results, from our students in Year 13 at Bradgate Sixth Form securing places on a range of exceptional degree courses to students from Year 11 at both Bradgate Secondary schools securing a set of grade 9s and results that equip them well to flourish in whatever they choose to do next. Some particular headlines are worth sharing from our top five students based on results:
The Roundhill Academy
Kai – Six grade 9s and Two grade 8s
Katie – Six grade 9s and Two grade 8s
Kayan – Six grade 9s, One grade 8 and a Distinction*
Grace – Six grade 9s and Two grade 8s
Parth – Five grade 9s, Two grade 8s and a Distinction*
In addition to the fantastic GCSE grades, our students at Bradgate Sixth Form achieved some outstanding A Level and BTEC results including:
Bradgate Sixth Form
- Lukasz – grades A*, A*, A* going on to University of Liverpool to study Medicinal Chemistry with Pharmacology
- Dilan – grades A*, A*, A going on to University of Southampton to study Aerospace Electronic Engineering
- Torin – grades A*, A*, A going on to University of Bristol to study Physiological Science
- Ellie – grades Distinction* , A, A going on to De Montfort University to read Law and Criminal Justice LLB
- Kaci – grades A*, A, B offered a place at University of Nottingham to study Medicine
- Marley – grades A*, A, B going on to Loughborough University to study Mathematics and Accounting and Financial Management
- Gemma – grades A*, A, B going on to Nottingham Trent University to read English and History
- Caitlin – grades Distinction*, A, B starting an Apprenticeship at WVA
- Jake – grades A, A, A going on to Loughborough University to study Aeronautical Engineering (with placement year)
- Leah – grades A,A,A going on to University of Warwick to study Chemistry
- Harley – grades A,A,A going on to University of Exeter to read Law
Well done to everyone for what they achieved and a huge thank you to everybody for helping make this happen.
The Department for Education School Performance tables website can be found below: