OCR Level 1/2 Cambridge National in Health and Social Care
In Health and Social Care you will have the opportunity to develop:
- an understanding of the rights of individuals and person-centred values, and how to apply these when working with service users
- vital knowledge and understanding of how to protect individuals through infection prevention, safeguarding and safety and security measures
- an understanding of growth and development through the life stages
- an understanding of life events and how to support individuals through them
- valuable communication skills that are extremely attractive in the modern workplace
- transferable skills, such as evaluation, planning, presentation/delivery and research skills.
This is a vocational course which means you will learn skills and concepts which are linked to working in the health and social care sectors. These skills will help you progress onto further study in the health and social care sector, this may be Level 3 vocational qualifications, such as the Cambridge Technical in Health and Social Care; A levels in psychology, biology or sociology and sector specific apprenticeships
The course is made up of three units:
Principles of care in health and social care settings
This unit is assessed by an exam. In this unit you will learn about the key topics that are important when caring for and protecting people in health and social care:
- The rights of service users in health and social care settings
- Person-centred values
- Effective communication in health and social care settings
- Protecting service users and service providers in health and social care settings
Supporting individuals through life events
This unit is assessed by a Set Assignment (coursework). In this unit you will learn about growth and development through the life stages, how to understand the needs of individuals who have been affected by life events and how to recommend support to meet their needs.
Health promotion campaigns
This unit is assessed by a Set Assignment (coursework). In this unit you will research health promotion campaigns and learn about their benefits to society. You will also plan and deliver your own health promotion campaign.