Here you will find important information regarding the school and our response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
I hope that all of you have had a settled, safe and positive festive break. We are responding to the latest government guidance about the reopening of schools and below are our arrangements for the first three weeks of the Spring term at Wreake Valley Academy, The Roundhill Academy & Bradgate Sixth Form.
They are based on the following principles;
- We must ensure that all students are in school as soon as is safe to do so
- We are initially prioritising those in exam year groups
- As students come back in for face to face teaching, they will be tested and then tested weekly as part of the DFE guidance for reopening
- We will plan and communicate our plans for if positive cases are identified and also if staffing capacity becomes an issue during the term
Regardless of advice and guidance please do not send your child into school if they are poorly. If they have any of the three COVID symptoms – high temperature, cough or loss of sense of smell or taste please book them in to be tested at an external testing centre for a full PCR test.
Monday 4th January
- This is an INSET day and only staff are due in school.
Tuesday 5th January – Friday 8th January
- Students whose parents are key workers or who are deemed to be vulnerable students will be in school.
There will be a full remote learning package for students in years 11 and year 13.
There will be work online for years 7-10 & 12 but this is not likely to include live lessons as staff are preparing the testing protocols for students.
Monday 11th January
- Key worker students and vulnerable students continue working at school.
- All Year 11s and Year 13sreturn to school. Students are to wear uniform
Students will be tested as they arrive at school (timings and arrangements to be confirmed during week commencing 4th January).
- Years 7-10 & year 12 will have a full remote learning package (in line with their usual school timetable) ready to return to school on the 18th January.
Monday 18th January
- All students back in school in full uniform
Students will be tested as they arrive at school (timings and arrangements to be confirmed during week commencing 11th January).
Lateral Flow testing
The guidance for this is fresh and still changing over the New Year break.
Our approach will be to test students as they return to school and then to test all students weekly. Staff will also be tested weekly.
The link below takes you to a consent form, we can only test students for whom we have received parental consent, however our ability to get students back into school in a timely manner will be improved if everyone is signed up to the testing programme.
The Lateral Flow Tests will give an indicative result – any staff member or student who receives a positive result would then need to visit an NHS testing centre for a full PCR test to confirm their positive result.
I regret that we didn’t have this detail to share with you before Christmas and that we are letting you know with short notice. Please be aware that we will circulate as much information as possible about the return to school, the testing protocols and our overall management of this situation over the next few days.
Further written guidance will be shared on Monday 4th January after we have had chance to meet as leadership teams to arrange the exact detail.
Happy new year and thank you for your ongoing support.